Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Responsibilty

Life itself is a duty. Duty means to benefit either our self or to serve others. It is the responsibility and the ambition that drives one's to perform a duty. Those who have a sense of responsibility will only be concerned if the work is done, and not care about success of failure or even gain or loss. They will not argue over how difficult the task it, how fair or unfair the duty assigned, but instead put in their best effort to accomplish their responsibility. 


Yesterday the company I am working with is giving out increment. When I found out that I am categorized under the lowest range, I am in a very bad mood and frustrated. Moreover, I fall onto the lowest category, so of course I think that I perform very badly during my 2 years of working over here. But this is not the case. I am frustrated over what the policy or quota are set for the increment and what the hell are the appraisal is for since they're distributing the increment base on your position, your period of service and your level in this company's hierarchy.



 The worst part is I got a lower increment compare to last year and my boss don't even give me any reason or explanation on it. I managed to found out that quota n rules are set to aggregates our increment and that is why I felt truly unfair and it's understood that companies that doesn't appreciate their real assets (employees), are always runs by lousy management and managed only by lousy people. Sometimes I just think that being hardworking and loyal to a company are all nonsense where else being whatever-lah, pretend you care everything in front of your boss, and shoe-polishing are the true survival skills to secure your increment, promotion and better yet your boss best puppy. I admit I do, sometimes get laid-back and even lazy but in this case, people who performed worst than me are the one who gets better rewards compared to me.

 But hey, this is not the end of the world, still I need to carry on with my life. After having an uneasy night and thinking over what I did all this while is not wrong. Still to have a sense of responsibility is the main act of being capable of achieving greater achievements. While to those who're doing what are wrong and mean to get what they want, I can only tell that they are people who're irresponsible and are actually inept, no matter how strong and intelligent they are. In order to progress and improve, I will not say that I will resign soon or being demotivated after the announcement of this shitty increment, blame others, or attempt to garner sympathy since I had already choose to pursue and they're still paying me.

My Guru always said that we should not give up on the lack of recognition or opportunity given But instead, we should be fearful for the lack of courage to deals with responsibility. How far we succeed in our career is depend on how much responsibility we can shoulder. Only those with a sense of responsibility, not doing harm to others to garner benefits for themselves, having no false intention and doesn't back stabbing are able to overcome adversity and create a good opportunities for themselves. Having such intention and motivation then only we will have an open-mindedness that can embrace what shortcomings on us.


 My deepest gratitude to my Guru for teaching us this and I am now practising this. I always believe and it is always important to cultivate strength to bear what happened on us either it's bad, very bad or ridiculously bad so that we can start getting to know ourselves better.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© You. Me. Us All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates